Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

Handmade Fav: Squshies

In a effort to promote handmade, I started featuring some of my favorite handmade shops. Please check out these amazing shops and support handmade! 

Today's featured shop is Squshies, which is run by the amazing Danielle!

What is it that you make/sell?

Felt Animal Ornaments, Hoop Art and Needle Felted Sculptures




What is something unique about your shop, process, or how you got started?

I started making felt animals as a fun thing to do in between job searches but it quickly replaced my job search. I've loved cartoons and animals for as long as I can remember and I think the Squshies are the perfect combination of two things I love. All of the Squshies are handmade and designed by me and my husband. We try to caricature the features of the animal that make them special. Every Squshie is made of eco-fi felt. We hand cut and hand sew each piece of felt for every Squshie.


What is your favorite product and why is it the perfect gift?

Favorite product? That is a tough choice! I personally love the weirder animals that we make, aardvarks and elephant seals, animals that you usually can't ever find in stores. Great for an animal lover that prefers the more unusual. Our dog ornaments also make great gifts for any of the dog lovers in your life.


Danielle also did an awesome collaboration with Cody of Lu & Ed! The super cute Gabos Ornament is a limited edition ornament that was designed by Danielle. A portion of the sale price is donated to Drumm Farm, a home for kids and young adults in the Missouri foster care system. http://drummforkids.org/


You can keep up the latest Squshies products and news here:

1 comment:

  1. littlehouseofcraftingDecember 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM

    Great feature! I love Squshies!

    ReplyDelete