Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January Read: Bright's Passage



I actually bought this book for my husband because he is a huge Josh Ritter fan. Of course he hasn't read it, because he usually only reads while on tour, and the band hasn't done much in a while. I too love Josh Ritter, and he is such a great storyteller in his songs that I have no doubt that this book will be amazing. 

One big mistake I always make when choosing a book is reading all the Goodreads reviews. Sadly, many of his music fans disliked this book. Truthfully, this is not a book I would pick to read. I enjoy light hearted or adventurous books, and Bright's Passage seems serious and sad. I won't know how I really feel about it until I give it a chance and actually read it.

 
I would love to get my hands on the audio book version, where Josh reads the book with an accompanying score composed by Royal City Band bassist Zachariah Hickman.
 
Let me know if you decide to read along, and when I finish I will post my review here on the blog. Have you already read this book? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment