Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Hairography 2013

I thought it would be fun to take a look at all my hair colors and styles for 2013. My hair has a slight identity crisis, or maybe I just get bored easily....
From left to right: I started 2013 off with my natural hair color because I had been pregnant and did not dye or cut my hair the whole of my pregnancy. Then I added a little bit of lavender, then a little bit more...

Of course it washes out pretty fast, and I was over my long hair now that I had a baby to pull it all the time, so I got a swanky hair cut, then died it pink. I could not get the pink out for the life of me and decided I'd do a crazy Paramore-ish red, which later faded to a gross orange. I'm lazy and the upkeep of red was too much for me and my poor pillow cases. 


I really wasn't sure what to do about the orange, so I dyed my hair brown around May. Of course brown is my least favorite color for my hair to be...bleached and back to lavender, which was very pretty in my opinion. 

Now I normally only use Manic Panic, but a few years ago I bought this huckleberry blue in Color Jamz, and looking fondly back at the pictures, picked up another bottle. It took forever to fade, until I finally just bleached it out, and one of my lovely friends dyed my hair mint green with Pravana. Sadly it washed out in only a couple of washes, and it took a whole tube to cover my hair, so it jut wasn't worth the effort to maintain even though it was so pretty.


I kept my bleached hair for a bit, then I was enchanted with Manic Panic's Enchanted Forest. This color was gorgeous and lasted forever. Of course forever is a long time, and I needed change. Sadly I thought using dawn soap with baking soda was the answer to getting it out, and really damaged my hair. 

When I dye my hair I use mostly conditioner, so in an effort to make my hair feel less like straw I mixed lots of conditioner + manic panic's ultra violet, hot pink, and a splash of pastelizer which resulted in the pretty pink color (I put the photo's in the wrong order). Unfortunately, I didn't get the dye everywhere and had to cover with more purple a few days later.

Right before Amelia's birthday party, I dyed my hair back brown, then headed to my stylist to just cut it all off.

I can never make up my mind about my hair, but I've decided to always just do what feels right to me at the time. Sometimes I get a little self conscious about my crazy hair when I get people coming up to me non stop or staring. Then I remember that it's my hair, and having it be bright and fun makes me happy. It's just hair, it will grow back.

Do you dye your hair? What's your favorite product?

7 comments:

  1. Nicole - Mercantile 519January 6, 2014 at 10:38 AM

    So much pretty!!! I went from having long, natural brown hair last year, breaking up with my ex and chopping it off. Then blonde, then platinum, and now silver. Going to go lavender soon! We use Pravana, and it lasts a while for me. I always wash in cold water and only wash when I absolutely need to. If I start getting a little greasy, I throw some baby powder in there to dry it up and then shake/comb/blow it out. It really helps the colour stick!
    -Nicole
    Mercantile519

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your hair looks super cute right now. I don't dye my hair, but I'm like you. I can never make up my mind about it! Sometimes it's in braids, super long extensions, afro, bobs, twists...I love changing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of dry shampoo! I changed my hair drastically after a big break up several years ago too. Just makes you feel refreshed and like your ready to start that new chapter in your life. Maybe a different Pravana color might work better for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love each style so much. It really makes me want to dye my hair a crazy color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should. It's so much fun! And it washes out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the most amazing hair. You suits all hair lengths and colours. My fave of your so far has been the washed out purple. SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I love your hair, it is super cute!

    ReplyDelete